- Clevelandâ€™s median home prices and rents lower than national average
- Jobless rate now sits full point below national average
Region of Greater Cleveland Ranked as 33rdLargest Metro in Country
Cleveland, the largest city on Lake Erie and the second largest in Ohio, has a population of nearly 400,000.Â Its metro area has more than 2 million.Â Its county, Cuyahoga, has over 1.2 million.
All in all, the Cleveland region ranks as the 33rdlargest metro in the country.
Diverse Economy and Hub for Arts and Sports
Formerly known for its manufacturing, Clevelandâ€™s economyÂ is now known for its diversity in technology, higher education, healthcare and financial services.Â The Cleveland Symphony, Cleveland Museum and Playhouse Square attract people from all over the world.
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Browns also draw fans locally and from all over the country.Â In fact, Cleveland is a mecca for all things related to athletics and the arts.
Cleveland Housing Demand Indicators
Compiled by Housing Tides via EnergyLogic,Â both median home and rent prices are lower than the national average.Â The median home price comes in at $165,000 or 50% lower than the national average despite price growth of 13% y/y.Â This is great news for both individual homebuyers and investors.
Median rent as of March 2021 came in at $1,705/month, according to RentCafe.Â Clevelandâ€™s highest average rent, $1,599, is in Clevelandâ€™s University neighborhood.
As in other parts of northern Ohio, buying a home in Cleveland is more affordable than renting one.Â As in other parts of the country, housing supply in Cleveland low, standing at 1.7 months. Â This low supply renders the â€œForest Cityâ€™sâ€ housing market highly competitive. Â Ie, the early bird gets the worm in Cleveland, as in other housing markets.
Single-Family Detached Permit
As of March 2021, single-family permits stood at 295, many more than forecasters had projected.
Bottom line â€“ more opportunities for investors than anticipated.
Multifamily housing permits have been a roller coaster ride for the past five years in Cleveland.Â The good news is that permits have currently been on the rise.
In fact, multifamily housing permits in Cleveland as of March 2021 hit 42.8, much higher than the 27.9 permits forecast.
Cleveland Neighborhoods with Stronger Investing Potential
According to RentCafe,the highest rents in the city tend to be among the following four neighborhoods:
- University Circle
- There is a concentration of higher educational institutions in Clevelandâ€™s University District that attract some 13,000 students.
- This neighborhood is also home to multiple arts and cultural entities such as the Cleveland Museum of Art, Severance Hall (where the Cleveland Orchestra performs) and the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
- The Warehouse District
- Essentially downtown Cleveland, this neighborhood is recognized as an historical district and the home of the cityâ€™s original residential center.
- The neighborhood was the crux of the cityâ€™s commercial industry in the 19thC.
- Warehouse have been converted into both residential and some offices that attract younger buyers/renters.
- This neighborhood is some 5 miles west of downtown and sits at the edge of Lake Erie.
- Trees line the streets and the Clifton Boulevard Historic District fill retail fantasies of the neighborhood.
- A suburb of Cleveland, Solon ranks among â€œthe bestâ€ in terms of schools, safety and quality of life.Here, the median home price comes in at approximately $340,000.
Thanks to Millionacres.
URGENT: 2021 Results Released. New FREE On-Line Web Event Reveals 17 Surprising Secrets Of The Top 100 Millionaire Agents. Get Your FREE Spot For The On-Line Webinar Now. When You Attend This Event You Will Have A Sense Of Relief Knowing You Can FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – If You Follow This Simple Plan. Learn How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. Learn Now How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money NOW Who Never Thought They Could.
P.S. Limited Space Available. 235 Spots Left.